How big is Munchbox®?
Mini 4, Midi 5, Maxi 6, Mega 3 and Mega 4 Dimensions - approx. 22x16x6cm when closed and fit into most standard sized cooler bags.
Weight - Mini 4 550g, Midi 5 560g, Maxi 6 600g, Mega 3 550g, Mega 4 550g
Capacity - More than 5 cups
Munchi Snack Dimensions - 16x11x6cm when closed
Weight - 310g
Capacity - More than 2 cups
Is Munchbox® leakproof?
Munchbox has been designed to hold wet foods but not liquids.
Yoghurts, dips, fruit and other food of similar consistency are all suitable to be packed in your Munchbox. Drain off excess liquids from these items before placing them in their compartments.
Munchbox is not suitable for watery food like soup, jelly, runny custard etc.
Don't overfill any compartment of your Munchbox
Is Munchbox® food safe?
Munchbox is made from all food safe materials and is BPA and Phthalate free. Your Munchbox is made with care from sturdy ABS plastic (outer), Tritan (inner) and silicone (seal).
Is Munchbox® dishwasher and microwave safe?
Munchbox is dishwasher safe (Top rack only) and has been tested to a temperature of 65C on a 110min cycle. Outer box is recommended to be handwashed or removed before the drying cycle of the dishwasher commences to preserve the integrity of the silicone seal and the outerbox
We do not recommend microwaving any component of the Munchbox product.
Are my Munchbox® trays interchangeable?
Yes! But only with the Munchbox Maxi 6 (6 compartment) outer box. Following rigorous testing we can guarantee the silicone seal system of the Maxi 6 outer box will contain food within each compartment without leaks used with either the Mega 3, Mega 4, Mini 4, Midi 5 or Maxi 6 trays.
The compartments of each tray correspond exactly with the specially patterned silicone lid, which works to lock in moisture, preventing leaks, even between compartments. The patterns specific to each box and tray combination are what make it leakproof.
The Maxi 6 outer box is compatible with all 5 interchangeable trays.
Please note Munchbox Maxi 6 and Munchi snack are different sizes and trays between the two are not compatible.
Using your Munchbox with an incompatible tray will void the warranty
Can I pack my Munchbox® the night before?
Yes, the leakproof technology of the Munchbox creates an airtight seal that keeps food fresh, allowing you to pack lunches days ahead!
How should I pack my Munchbox®?
Munchbox has been designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. To ensure each food item remains in its compartment and does not leak, please follow these guidelines.
- Pack suitable foods like yoghurts, dips and fruits. Drain off excess liquid from these items before placing in its compartment
- Ensure the specially designed, leakproof lid is fully closed and the latch snapped shut before transporting your Munchbox
- Ensure that any store bought wet foods like custard/yoghurt are not of thin consistency
- Keep your Munchbox in a controlled, cooled environment like a fridge or cooler bag with ice brick to prevent perishable foods from spoiling
- Use the Munchbox to transport liquid food like Soup, very thin custard or yoghurt or Jellies etc
- Overfill any compartment of your Munchbox. It is important to ensure a small space between top of food packed and the upper edge of each compartment, to allow a complete seal with the specially designed silicone lid.
How do I care for my Munchbox®?
Here are some important things to remember regarding your Munchbox
- Munchbox is not insulated and therefore hot foods should be packed at room temperature. Packing hot foods in the Munchbox can cause condensation build up which can then cause leaking. Munchbox is NOT designed to hold liquids
- High temperatures can also cause the adhesive to separate inside the silicone seal, resulting in an air bubble. This will not affect the quality of the food or the integrity of the silicone seal and will usually return to normal on its own.
- It is the nature of silicone that some foods may stain the colour (ie red pasta sauce). This is not a product fault nor does it affect the integrity or quality of the product.
- The contents of the Munchbox must be emptied and washed after each use to prevent mould from forming on the silicone seal. It is best to wash your Munchbox in warm soapy water by hand and should be fully dried before use or storage. For damp and humid environments store the Munchbox with lid ajar and not closed
- We highly recommend you hand wash the outer box or remove before the drying cycle of your dishwasher begins to prolong the integrity of the Munchbox seal
- With regular use the Munchbox will show signs of normal wear and tear such as fine lines and scratches on the outer box and inner tray
- Continuous exposure to high temperatures can impact on the trays designs and while it is dishwasher safe, it can deteriorate over time. To minimize the likelihood of designs of the trays from being scratched off do not use an abrasive cleaner and when possible remove tray before the drying cycle of your dishwasher begins
- We strongly advise you do not submerge your Munchbox completely in water as this can potentially compromise the silicone seal. Simply handwash in water
- Please ensure that the Munchbox and trays are washed before every use to ensure the correct sealing of the silicone seal system. It is possible for the suction seal to strengthen when place in the refrigerator for extended periods of time i.e. overnight. Simply open the Munchbox prior to packing the cooler bag to prevent the tray from adhering to the seal
- Please ensure particularly aromatic foods packed in the Munchbox are kept at a controlled temperature as overheating these foods in the Munchbox can potentially cause some of the silicone to retain the smell – should this occur simply wash your Munchbox and tray as normal and lay in the sun to airdry thoroughly
- Please ensure the tray is properly placed before attempting to close the Munchbox as incorrect placement may put undue pressure on the back hinge resulting in deterioration or breakage
- The latch has been designed for use by children, it is NOT indestructible. It does not bend all the way back as this will break the hinge and snap the plastic. Sometimes, children push the hinge too far back and eventually this can cause damage if it occurs regularly. The Munchbox latch is not designed to be used as a lever to open the Munchbox and doing so may weaken the structure of the latch.
Does my Munchbox® come with a Warranty?
Yes. We guarantee all Original Munchbox products against manufacturing defects including parts ore material defects for a period of one year from date of purchase.
To claim on this warranty you must be able to provide proof of purchase. We do not guarantee our products against problems related to general wear and tear including cracks, rips, scuffs, scratches, chips, mould, fading, odours and/or stains. Problems resulting from not adhering to washing instructions noted on this website and included in your box will not be covered.
Wear and tear is a normal part of any product and common with products designed for and used by Children. Wear and tear is not a fault created during the manufacturing process and is not claimable under manufacturers warranty.
Please note there may be a slight variation of colour in the outer box/latch, this does not affect the functionality of the Munchbox features
Please keep in mind that our products are designed for children but are NOT indestructible
Should you find any manufacturing default in your product please email email@example.com to discuss
How do I replace my latch?
Replacement latches may be purchased from us should you need to replace this part.
Below outlines the process to replace the latch
- Before you begin, use the tool provided to push the pin on the left (short pin) slightly outward to make the process easier when you are ready to insert the latch
- If you have difficulty extracting the pin from the plastic around it, drop it into a cup with boiling water for a minute or so. This will expand the plastic and enable the pin to move more freely
- Insert the extended pin (long pin) on the right first, align the second pin and push it into place with the tool provided